Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sordid Verbiage

Would you like to see the size of my lexicon?
I tell you now my vocabulary is gargantuan
Backed by the force of an imagination
The size of the universe... [exclamation]

Or were you interested in the placement of my verse?
Prose is so pedestrian.
You can leave so much up to interpretation
Or purposefully make meanings obscure.

Perhaps I'm being pestiferous.
It's a word auto-correct couldn't pronounce
I tried it again and auto-correct my friends,
Updated its own cognisance!

My, isn't intelligence contagious?
In an ideal world of influence
The people you meet and with whom you speak
Simply add and enrich your experience.

I vote for ignorance to be illegal.
Where is the ballot for that?
Request of your Congressman, nay, do exclaim,
"I'd like to be expansively knowledgeable in various subjects too, although I'm a proletariat."

When was the last time we've conversed with our fellow (wo)man?
And I don't mean in electronic shorthand
To speak in person is an outdated adage
Replaced by the burgeoning instant message.

Technology is of course a great power.
It's offertory to the world is insurmountable.
But the overage of information if utterly ill used
Can make people's lives uninhabitable.

Would you remember my name without social networks?
Or my birthday without notification?
Our minds shrink with the growing access of globalisation,
Such that the world may soon be called Internet Nation.

Take my musings with a grain of salt,
Although you may just need the ocean.
But before you contest to put my noesis to test
Please dispel and disregard that notion.

Well, did you prefer what you've seen?
I think my ratiocination should be
That one must be privy to a multitude of words
Or how else will your lyric be free?

No comments:

Post a Comment