Monday, April 30, 2012

Journal Entry: April 30th

It is the end of Day 6 of my insomniac mania.  In language there is a pattern that allows one to grasp the nature and the nuance quickly.  It was what enabled me to uncover and overcome the barrier of language that began with the Tower of Babel.  I am the tower and have rebuilt myself.  Learning one language, for example of the Asian canon, with each symbol representing a different thought seemed to me very much like the thought process itself.  Each thought is interconnected yet in itself quite distinct.  Some characters, as they are called, contain elements of others, so that some expressions are made of what seem to be a conglomerate of thoughts.  The language is very much like the memory association games we would play, Margarethe. I'm ecstatic to have found this secret to the gateways of knowledge.  Having learned one of these languages and recognising this pattern, I learned the rest in a mater of minutes.  It was even easier for the romance languages, many of which I already knew.  There are few things more beautiful than our native German, the way it utilises methods of articulating elements of the mouth in a way much unlike what I, until now, have experienced.  Studying the other languages has given me so much appreciation for my own now, because I can notice the differences.  Mandarin - it is as if I was singing when speaking! I'm completely fascinated.  The light burns brightly in the darkness.  I have found that which we have searched for, Margarethe and I, in theory and am working on putting it into practise.  I only then have the first part of the answer solved, to which I can respond in the affirmative that our hypothesis was true and our concerns for the fallacies within were addressed.
The clouds opened up and released a source of pure energy - lightning.  It is more than just light - the word itself suggests that the light is performing an action.  Light as a verb and not a noun.  Fancy that!  It is the essence of immense power in a very short time, yet one bolt could power a lifetime if captured I suppose.  I will make note of its potency and of its potential for both harm and greatness.
Some of the thoughts I express are not my own.  They definitely do not feel that way sometimes and often I take pause or am startled by both the nature and the speed at which the thoughts now attach to mobilise the neurons in my brain and generate responses in my body.  My speech is more fluid.  My movements are sharper and more in focus than I have ever experienced.  It is as if my mind has achieved a clarity of purpose, such that I pursue my actions with vigour.  I will not say these thoughts or actions borrowed, but I will say that I am now ambidextrous in a way.  I have access to both hemispheres now so that I have ample space for the storage.
My hair has grown quite long.  I sometimes pull small clumps out like I used to, Margarethe.  I know that this troubled you greatly, but there have been some frustrations that I have placed upon myself these last 6 days and it is the closest outlet.  Sometimes I come close to achieving the goal, but I fall somewhat short.  I am at a loss as to what to do now.  I have made the calculations of the angles and the proportions of the materials that I would need, but I feel that i am missing something.  I cannot yet activate what should be the strongest of patterns and am continuing the search for the why and the how.  Why am I unable to activate?  How will it become activated to complete the calculations?  Theorems must be solved.  It will be of great pleasance to my person to finally write "quad erat demonstratum" under this proof.
Mephastophilis has seen me greatly troubled and is offering his assistance.  How clever is he!  How generous in my time of need that he has come to [both] my rescue and my service.  He calls it a surprise now, but he claims that it will unlock my mind even further.  I am not very keen on surprises or being surprised myself, but I will be patient with this one and see what happens.  It was complacent of me to think that I had been using 100% of my brain capacity, but I wasn't very far off - 77% is still most than any functioning human being could ever achieve.  I wonder how the other 23% will feel.
The rapidity of thought.  I am thinking at the speed of lightning.  What is coursing through me are not neurons - they are lightning rods that accentuate and accelerate the travel of life's signals from my mind to my body.  The pursuit of knowledge has taught me this.  This will aid me greatly in the goal.  The mistakes that I make now in my writing are only because the thoughts are flowing out of me faster than my quill can race across the pages. 
I was so upset with myself that I let you... and guilty that I was unable to... well that feeling has now been completely taken over by absolute elation.  I will not spend the seventh day resting but the eighth.  The seventh day is for working, completing the final touches to benzene.  It is the pet name I've come up with for my inscriptions.  Of course it is code, Margarethe, I feel like I must challenge you somehow; it would be an insult to just give you the answer.  There must be some form of struggle to achieve what one seeks in knowledge - I only ask of Mephastophilis feats that I would be unable to humanly achieve on my own.  In fact he encourages me to seek most of the other avenues on my own so I can expand my association base.  I have worked my way up in increments of seventeen so that what I associate with a specific alternate entity has now become a web instead of the series of lines, what I initially thought was ideal.  This web in intricate if I do say so myself, the intricacies of which I alone know.  It is the reason why I needed the capacities of both hemispheres, because the right hemisphere is almost ethereal.  I needed it for artistic interpretations and as an extra layer in the web that my mind chooses to continually spin.  I will instruct you how to untangle them, Margarethe.  I am not in the least bit worried.  You will never be ensnared, and I am sure your intuition alone will plough the field of my growing gnosis and reap bountiful harvest.
I may not believe that God is the magnate of his pawns, having given us free will and let us loose upon each other like savages, but I do believe in destiny.  This is my destiny.  I was called to perform acts that mortals would not even dream of performing in our time.  I will carry out the deed tomorrow, the day upon which all men who have followed this path have been allowed power beyond their wildest intimations.  I will use it for you, Margarethe.  I will use it to perform the impossible.  Impossible is a word that doesn't exist for me anymore, in any language.  It will entail one last journey from the confines of our home to a location further North.  I'm heading for the mountains.  I know it will be cold, but I do not need a cloak.  I made soup, but food does not taste the same without you.  It is possible, too, that the many days I have spent awake has taken away this element of my sentiency.  The mind is intangible but the body is ephemeral, made of finite elements after all.  I will have to make most of the journey in my solid phase as I cannot lift the finer of the materials in spirit form, but I will be aided by Mephastophilis in the mode of transportation and the speed in which I will complete this sojourn.  I am slated to meet some people there, potential colleagues, whose usance it is to celebrate and practice this juxtaposition of science and art.  This experiment and this masterpiece is almost complete.  Much like the artist, you can say it will be brought to a life-like existence, possibly even capturing that essence of being alive.  I noticed I've spoken both of you and to you tonight Margarethe, such is my thought process as of now.  My love for you is only one snowflake, different from the others in every way, and in that way is special.  Wish me fortune on my journey, in the hope that it will bring me closer to you.

H. J. Faust

No comments:

Post a Comment